Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Traveling to T!ckster

So.. Many people have been asking me where I"ve been and what I"ve been up to.. I am a little late on this post buutt.. I spent about a week or so in Cali. Blu and I packed our bags, car, and headed out west! Everyone was headed there for Comic-Con but we had a different plan in mind. Not only was a vacation needed for the both of us but when we found out Trickster was taking place during the same week, and right across the street.. We Automatically knew that this is where we would feed our hunger for creator-owned projects, Artists full of wisdom, and of course time to relax in an art scene outside of the scene I have grown so used to.
For those of you who do not know what Tr!ckster is, it is a creator owned event where the most influential artists in today's animation, illustration, and storytelling all gathered to promote their current/ upcoming projects. Not only were these really amazing artists hanging out, signing books, and being overall really cool people... There were symposiums we were able to attend where artists like Scott Morse (Pixar, Tiger!, Tiger!, Tiger!), Scottie Young (Human torch, The Marvelous Land of Oz), Scott C (Lucas Arts: Star Wars), Dave Crosland (Alphabet Attack, Puffed!, Wrecking Skull), Jim Mahfood (Marijuana Man, Beat Bee), and Jill Thompson (The Invisibles, Swamp Thing, Wonder Woman) showed up to give us some tips on all sorts of mediums and design techniques. Not to mention the fact that all of this artists knocked out some amazing creations right before our eyes! Brian McDonald, the author of Invisible Ink, was there to school us on storytelling and the fundamentals of story building. Every day there was something new to consume and plenty of new books to pick up!
Speaking of books, Scott Morse hooked us up with some of  his awesome books after every symposium we attended. Later at night, the room we spent all day learning and soaking up knowledge turned into "Pen and Drink", a place where models were posing like scenes straight out of a comic book, Artists were sketching their hearts out, and music was bumping the night away. During this mix of awesomeness, I met David Mack (Dexter First Cuts, Kabuki) who was super cool and had some hype dance moves that really got the party started (while Sven and Food One were mixing). I got a couple of his books and must say, I have not been able to put them down!
There was plenty of crazy Comic-Con madness going on down the streets of San Diego and it ws mad fun but I must say, traveling 1500 miles for Tr!ckster was worth it! I really enjoyed myself and it would not have been possible without the support of my peers, followers, and amazing friends. Thank you to everyone who purchased any of my art within the past 2 months, Krys for hooking us up with laughs and a place to stay, and last but not least, LaLa in Tucson, Az for allowing us to chill on our drive to San Diego plus.. she gave me a really cool purse made out of an old sweater! Thanks again to everyone involved! Scott Morse, This was an awesome event and I look forward to the next!
xoxo, Rabbit!

No comments:

Post a Comment