Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Rambles from a Rabbit: story of a friend

She had a friend.
A friend that made her smile.
A friend that made her day.
Some would even say
She'd been waiting a while.

She found a friend.
A friend who knew it all.
A friend with 4 inch heels
So everyone else can know she stood tall.

She was a friend.
So loving and true
If her friendship were a song,
She'd dedicate it to you!

All of this was grand
It lasted for a while
What you have to overstand 
is true colors spill so try not to live in denial

People will build you up with confidence
just to break you down with diffidence

fill you up with compliments just to feed your pride
But she rolls with RYE inside
so the ego has died
now its obvious and she can see through your eyes

This isn't a competition, YOU are the only one racing. 
Spend more time pacing.
 Think about the friendship you're ruining and the time that you're wasting.
 I want you to succeed and I want you to grow. 
Just because you think I'm at the top doesn't mean you're down low. 
Last time I checked, both our feet were on the ground.
 And last time I checked.. We were both done with this town. 
Why's it gotta be like this? I dont care, I forgive you. 
And I forgive myself most of all, for thinking you were true.

Be happy for those who are pursuing their goals and trying new things. 
Its not always about money, fortune, fame, and glamour. 
Strive for more than this scene












No comments:

Post a Comment